I love this picture. My beautiful sister, Andi, is entering the third decade of her life this week. I simply could not let this momentous occasion go by without a tribute to show her awesomeness. I've come up with a list of 30 reasons (there are many more) why I love her. Some of these are inside jokes that I couldn't resist writing. Enjoy!
30 Reasons why I love Andi
1. Her naturally curly hair.
2. She loves fruit more than she loves cookies.
3. She is a kick-butt soccer player. It's really fun to watch her play.
4. She has run a marathon.
5. When she was little she could sell anything. Some past business ventures include selling soap sculptures and rocks.
6. Like her husband, Jared, she can make a mean salad.
7. She is a really good friend. She is loyal and dependable to the end.
8. As a child she ate bean sandwiches.
9. She introduced me to the hilarity that is "Arrested Development"
10. She made me go to China with her which is where I found Matt. Thanks again, Andi!
11. "No Coins, please" was her favorite book as a child. If you haven't yet, go find it and read it.
12. When we were little she had much longer hair then me and sometimes she would let me brush and style it.
13. She bore her testimony at my baptism. (She was only 6!)
14. She once came back from a school trip to Quebec with mostly pictures of mazda miatas.
15. She shares my strong dislike for carbonated beverages.
16. I am positive that she holds some city record for how many times she has appeared in the local newspaper. The stories range from sports-related to music to being the "Star Smile".
17. She is a FUN mom. (She really plays with her kids.)
18. There was a short period of time when she was one of those cool girls who could totally pull off having a nose peircing. ( I was so jealous, she wore a cute little diamond stud.)
19. Her lips have that cute shape called "cupid's bow". Her kids have inherited this trait.
20. She was the self-appointed Queen of her kindergarten class.
21. She dresses up for Halloween with her kids.
22. We can still laugh about getting lost driving to Vancouver. (What should have been a 4 hour trip ended up taking almost twice as long!)
23. She survived a crazy cross-country train trip to come see me when Rani was born.
24. "Tevas"
25. Sugar Cookies and the Winter Olympics.
26. Her bedroom walls were covered with posters of Kirk Cameron and the NKOTB.
27. She shaved her legs when I got married.
28. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that she met Tory Spelling at the Silver Star ski resort. (She was an avid "90210" fan.)
29. She is just as familiar as I am with the Calgary public transport system.
30. She is the best sister!
I always know that I can call her when I need advice, cheering up, or just a listening ear. I look up to her in so many ways from how she magnifies her callings in the church to how she mothers her children. I love you so much! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:
This is a great post, Jess. I agree with you that Andi is totally awesome!
Wow Jess! I am humbled by this post, thank you so much. It was like a trip down memory lane. I got your cute message with the kids singing just now and I'll call you guys tomorrow. Love ya!
p.s. yes, I did make a special trip up to silver star to meet Tori Spelling!
p.p.s. did I really only shave my legs on special occasions back then? Yikes. lol
Post a Comment