This is L.J. and Rani happy as clams because of the tiniest bit of snow on the ground. As I pulled into the school parking lot that morning, I noticed that there was not a car to be seen and a note taped to the door. School was cancelled! Wow, it makes me smile to think of growing up in Canada and all the school we would have missed had it been cancelled because of snow.
* I'm starting to think that weather follows us to our new homes from where we have previously lived. When we moved to Kansas from Houston, we had a hotter, more humid and longer lasting summer than usual. The second week after moving here to Vancouver, a tornado touched down somewhere in the city. All schools in the area went into lockdown mode with kids and teachers huddled together in central hallways. After school, the kids were pretty excited to tell me about the experience. What were the first words to come out? "You said there were no tornadoes in Washingon!!!!" Hey, I was just as surprised as they were.

2 comments:
This is too funny!! I love it! Man, Jared and I would be unemployed if they cancelled school that easily here!
wait. are you in Portland or Washington? PLEASE let it be Washignton, I can drive to Washigton!!!!!!
Post a Comment