I repsonse to Liz. I took this after it was completely dark, about 10pm. I used a 50mm lens with an aperature of 1.8, that means I opened up the lens really big, and held open the shutter for about 30 sec. I focused it about 20 ft so as to have as much as possible in focus. The trick is to have a background that is dark enough to show up the fireflies but light enough to give the fireflies perspective so it doesn't look like a bunch of yellow dots on a black sheet of paper. Also it helped in this location that the fireflies were moving much slower, therefore allowing them more time to be exposed.
6 comments:
what a beautiful photo, I would pay for a print it is so nice! keep up the goo shutter work
Jen
Cool shot Matt! So when does the road trip begin?
that is too cool! what a photographer!
Awesome photo! Laura keeps asking when we're going to live in a place with fireflies again.
Ok. I do miss the fireflies. I wish they sparkled out west in the drier weather.
I see you figured out how to shoot them. When my sister and I visited a month ago you were still working on it. What's the secret?
I repsonse to Liz. I took this after it was completely dark, about 10pm. I used a 50mm lens with an aperature of 1.8, that means I opened up the lens really big, and held open the shutter for about 30 sec. I focused it about 20 ft so as to have as much as possible in focus. The trick is to have a background that is dark enough to show up the fireflies but light enough to give the fireflies perspective so it doesn't look like a bunch of yellow dots on a black sheet of paper. Also it helped in this location that the fireflies were moving much slower, therefore allowing them more time to be exposed.
Post a Comment